Cleveland Mass Mob XXV
11 a.m. Sunday 13 November 2016
1860 West 22nd
The name 'Emeric' in Italian is 'Amerigo', in Spanish and Portuguese 'Américo', over time the new world became 'America'. Saint Emeric (Imre) is the west side Hungarian (Magyar) parish. The interior of the church is, perhaps, Cleveland's prettiest small Catholic church still extant (sadly St. Lawrence, its competitor in compact beauty is no longer).
Historically, it inherited some items from Cleveland's only French parish, Annunciation. Its current location involved a transfer of land with the Van Swerigen brothers, who were building a train terminal and train lines.